Using Virus TI wavetables in 3rd party VSTs (Allowed?)

• Hey there,

I found a pack of converted wavetables from the VIRUS TI which now can be used in the Serum VST or any other synth that allows wavetable import. I own a VIRUS TI and I create commercial preset packs for synths like Serum. Am I allowed to use the VIRUS wavetables in Serum and sell presets which make usage of these wavetables? Would be interesting to know..

Thanks in advance! :)

• Marc here nicely dodges the question and doesn't answer to what you were actually asking. The answer is: YES. You can sell presets. The point Marc was trying to make is that you can't sell the wavetables WITH them. So as long as "the customer" gets the wavetables from somewhere else than you, you are clear from the copyright liability. Access Music would rather not want any synth to sound like it's synth so that's why the answer you get is very vague.

• that's why the answer you get is very vague.

Actually, the answer Marc gave was VERY clear and just covered a broader range of applications than originally asked.

The wavetables captured from the Virus TI floating around the web are a clear copyright infringement, regardless from where you get them.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+