OS 5.1.7 Virus Control for TI2 keyboard does no longer allow routing to external outputs

• I have been scanning the forums for weeks, but do not understand why the external outputs are blocked in Virus Control on OS 5.1.7. This used to work before ??? What changed now ? Seems no audio outputs are even allowed by the driver. Is there an workaround for this ? Every time I disconnect Virus Control or disconnect the USB port, sound routes normally out of Output 1 port. Killing this feature creates a huge host of new problems in all DAWs and eternal interfaces, such as my AKAI hardware and so on...Might want to reconsider re-enabling this, since the Virus Control drop downs allow to select and output routing...Surprised no one else has this problem

• After one weekend of trying to figure this out, I finally found out the culprit and it is sad that this is not mentioned anywhere. You have to go to Config and turn LOCAL mode ON...Everywhere on the AKAI forums people are saying that Virus TI2 no longer puts out Audio on the rear Output Jacks...That is miss-information at best! Just put this out there if other people are having the same issue...This apparently solves my problem for now! :|

• Your post is a bit confusing for me: In my experience, output selection has nothing to do with the LOCAL setting at all. However, if LOCAL is OFF, the keyboard on the Virus will not trigger the sound internally but only send MIDI notes over MIDI/USB. Also, connecting a USB cable will automatically set LOCAL to OFF. It has been like that for several versions at least.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+