Arp key sync off please !!

• Hello,

I have a virus ti, I love playing with arp mode with key sync off (microkorg, deepmind12, motif XS have this little great arp sync option).
    In the arp edit mode there is no key sync off/on.
    Virus Ti and also Blofeld have a great arp edit mode but have not the key sync option, it's really bad ;(

So is it possible to add this little option in the the next upgrade, very importante for me ;)

• Ok I try to explain this little option that I like to play with :

https://media.music-group.com/…C5/DEEPMIND%2012_M_EN.pdf
    p.49

http://cdn.korg.com/us/support…type=application%2Fpdf%3B
    p.45

it's very simple option as you can see, but access and waldorf havn't got this option, grrrr.

I use key sync off to arp improvisation in trance like track :

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

it's a little démo live playing without midi programing, just pleasure with arp key sync off with this simple synth Microkorg.

I would like Virus Ti make the same thing

• Ahh, I get it! - Key sync Off: An arp pattern running freely, independent of the keys. Similar in a way to Sync On/Off LFOs.
    Yes, Virus and Blofeld (my only synths with an arp) do not have this option. Good for improv, as you say!
    Impressive demos! Thanks!! :)

• Thanks GESchwalm, little korg provide a strong sound without external effect (just internal fx/equ/delay), I use the microkorg to drive virus Ti with arp mode to have keysync off, it's very sad for me.

It's very easy for software ingenier to add this little option in new windows edit menu, not many code line is required.
    Blofeld or Virus Ti must have this option to have a complete arpeggiator like Deepmind12.

• Interesting feature. If the the ARP is free running, I wonder how you know the "one" of the bar and synchronise the pattern with other sequencers?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• If the the ARP is free running, I wonder how you know the "one" of the bar

The "one" is gone when sync is off. The pattern will start with whichever step it happens to be in when you hit a key, is how I understand it.

and synchronise the pattern with other sequencers?

Good question! Other sequencers would record the pattern as free running also?

• I will try to synchronise the pattern with other sequencers, maybe I must external sync to make the same thing about local keysync off.
    I will tell you if it work good, thanks.