Virus Control crashes on macOS 10.14.2

• I am unable to launch the Virus Control Centre (with a TI) under macOS 10.14.2. The application exits with a segmentation fault, as indicated by the console logging:

WriteAhead 864 base:864

Segmentation fault: 11

Trying to re-run the installer also appears to fail, with the installer exiting before restarting the computer. Surprisingly the audio driver is still working correctly.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this? Is the software even still under maintenance today?

Thanks,

-- Mark

• I have macOS 10.13.6 installed on a 2017 15" MacBook Pro and I experience something similar.

After installing the Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 (and enabling the system extension before reboot) I have successfully updated the Virus to 5.1.7. However, when I launch the Virus Control Centre I get as far as to select my Virus but when I click OK: BOOM!

I just took a look at the crash log and can see that I have something that seems to be simliar to what Alquanto experienced, namely a Segmentation fault: 11

So, what gives? Are there any workarounds?

• Just updated macOS from 10.12.6 (Sierra) to 10.14.2 (Mojave) yesterday. Everything seems to be fine, actually working better and faster.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+