Fed up with it

• So, this is my 2 cents about access virus synthesizer ...

I'm listening to electronic dance music since the early 2000s, which is way more than half of my life. I can play about 200+ trance classics/tracks from my mind on the keyboard, since i listened to them and played them over and over and tried to recreate the sounds and melodies accurately and was always interested in the way sounds were made and programmed.

I've heard about trance legends like Sean Tyas gettin' fed up with the TI/USB environment and didn't bother that much.
    I've had a brand new virus TI2 myself for some time and returned it, due to the oscillator 2 being essentially useless for hypersaw layering scenarios, since the sound quality on oscialltor 2 dropped drastically, which no one before me noticed apparrantly, but the access support (when it actually answered mails) had to admit that the virus behaved as intended - but i was stil cool with the Access Virus story. Hardware has its limitations obviously.

Now i've bought a used Virus TI a few months ago (knowing about the advantages and disadvantages), got over the fact that the whole thing crashed and got unusable during a regular OS system update (!) and the fact that I didn't get a single reply from the official Access support and that I had to fix the thing myself to get it working again.
    Today the virus decided for whatever reason to reset all values, that were entered in the "config" section. That might not be that big of a deal, but the fact, that a google search plus a search trough the whole Virus TI manual and quickstart stuff could not explain what a simple parameter like "value wrapping" means is just the top of giving below zero shits about customer care. I could buy a few dollar electronic product from china and they would have had explained every parameter and function the damn thing has (trying their best to explain it in any foreign language), but if I get a 2000+€ virtual analog synthesizer from a german company, they don't even bother to explain their product properly, with an apparently insufficient manual to save a few cents. You just gotta find out yourself or browse some forum and let other people do the work of explaining, since they were too lazy to do so.
    I leave the conclusion to all this and what it tells us about the company to the mindful reader.

The instrument itself still defines how trance should sound - it would be great if the guys behind it could live up to the expectations though, instead of only building fancy guitar amps.

• > Today the virus decided for whatever reason to reset all values, that were entered in the "config" section.

Sounds like the battery needs replacement, the configuration values are stored in battery-backed RAM just like the RAM presets. I'd copy those off the Virus if you haven't already.

As for the manual - not sure why Access decided to omit this from the TI2 reference manual but the TI1 manual is one document that covers everything. Check https://www.virus.info/download/166 on page 160 for the knob settings.

Edit: Ah, my bad, somehow I thought you were asking about the knobs. Indeed, I can't find "value wrap" in the TI1 manual either. I'd say http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?p=287242 is accurate.

• Thanks for your help. I replaced the battery a few months ago to make the unit actually work again, so this is not my first guess, but it's generally a good advice to replace the battery, when something's wrong, indeed! Even if you think it couldn't have anything to do with it.
    Good thing to have the old manual, btw!

Besides that, I guess you're right about value wrapping being some kind of knob pickup behaviour (why not simply call it that way ...)