New installer worked for me!
Maybe someone should send support a direct link to these threads?
Got it going with some nasty hacking.
Installed 3.3.4 on my laptop which is running Win7 32 bit (which obviously updated the firmware).
Manually extracted the .msi for 64 bit 3.3.4
Updated the drivers manually.
Copied the relevant other files to their usual places.
Now seems to be working OK.
I don't really want to have to do this again Access!
I removed all my USB devices.
Still didn't work.
Re-install of previous version is OK.
when trying to install new firmware it rolls back the operation and doesn't install...
Running Windows XP X64...
Yep - same here.
I don't have conclusive proof, but I think the firmware image might be incorrect on the 64 bit .msi package.
There's definitely something wrong with the 64 bit installer though...
Can't install on 64 bit version.
Comes up with an ended prematurely message every time.
I've tried re-installing 3.3, removing that and then installing 3.4. Various similar permutations.
I'll have to go back to 3.3...
Edit: a bit of digging and manually extracting the MSI seems to show that the 64 bit MSI might contain the wrong firmware image (3.3?). Might be worth checking the 64 bit release!
I get the slow GUI on Win7 32 bit. Seems like a common problem.
My system was OK before Win 7 and 3.3.
People whre complaining about T.C. Eletronic that they where the only ones that not yet had x64 drivers for their products. They made these in mather of weeks and i was lucky to be in the betatesterprogram.
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, they started work on 64 bit Vista drivers back in October/November 2007 and reported that good progress was being made a couple of months later.
Certainly wasn't a case of a couple of weeks.
Right, this one might be complicated to explain:
I just got hold of a 2nd hand Supernova 2 to help me remix some old tracks.
I've set Cubase up to have that unit configured as an external instrument.
If I use my RME Hammerfall Multiface's MIDI port, everything's fine.
Last night, I tried using the Virus' MIDI port to drive the Supernova and had the following problem:
When I put a plug-in with large latency on the master output strip (Powercore MD3), the timing of the Supernova was audibly way out when compared to a VSTi based drum track.
Removing MD3 improved things. Using the constrain PDC also improved things. Larger buffer sizes on the Hammerfall made things worse.
It seems like the Virus' MIDI port has some kind of offset or it's reporting back an incorrect latency to the PDC mechanism in Cubase.
Like I say - Hammerfall is fine in all the above scenarios.
I've probably already described the relevant kit above, but as for versions: Cubase 5.1 PC (Vista 32 bit, Service Pack 2), TIOS 188.8.131.52
It's not causing me immediate problems since I'll just use my other Hammerfall Multiface, but Access may want to look into this.