Beiträge von muzikman2008

Welcome guys!... Virus is a wonderful thing... warts n all!! ;) dont just read the bad things, engage in the good things, learn, and be part of a great community of unique wise people...seek and ye shall find! :thumbup:

Sounds like something not enabled in your DAW or windowz, if the meters are moving the set up is ok. Just routing is wrong. Its hard to tell if not sat in front of ur PC...

As a long shot try reinstalling Virus Drivers

or... In the meantime i suggest reading the manual until someone answers... Good luck!

What i mean is, leave your Virus as it is... connection wise, and use a seperate midi out port from your PC/mac, something like a cheap USB to midi interface of Bay of E, then connect that to your other gear (Moog etc...) and select the midi output to the Moog in your DAW settings. That way you get independant control of Virus, and moog.. or anything you want. You are simply adding more ports, and adding 16 more channels that way.

Hope thats clearer?

;)

I bought my virus not intending to use USB except for VC control, which i dont use much either, except to load new patches.. and program arps if required... Midi is managed via standard ports on back from my Edirol UA-1000 sound rack midi ports. Works for me. As a plugin you need USB but i dont use that much either, i record seperate tracks out of virus analog outs to Reaper audio tracks, unless i need a midi track... which is rare.

The Virus has i distinct sound and is the best VA synth out there IMHO so anything else is a bonus for me. It works as a normal synth would for me, and USB is just another hurdle you have to get over to make it work how you want it to... if you require Audio, Midi, down 1 cable instead of 3 or 4 then its up to you, but your PC & DAW environment MUST be set up to handle it. Like i have said before on these forums, Access cant be responsible for peoples PC/Mac set ups can they??? every one has different setups. And they do try and help solve your problems, so if you think of the USB side of the Virus as a "unpredictable bonus" you wont be as disappointed... and most people dont have probs if set up as Access suggest, and use their recomended software/hardware combis.

SO dont beleive everything you read, after all if your Virus works fine no one will ever complain will they??

;)

Hi ,i'm a new virus ti2 user , i want to use virus virus arpeggiator like sylenth1 and other vsts , i mean i want to program my Arp pattern in virus ,by changing the pitchs of Arp Steps but i don't know how i do that , can you help me please? (i just want to program different notes too each step like sylenth's arpeggiator).Thanks

You cant program the (user) Arps on the virus itself, you have to use VC on your computer, its on the arpeggiator page. You can step program and change various things in there. Then store the programmed arps as user presets, that can be loaded to the virus and then selected from the Arp edit menu.

Why do you call me stupid?? Do you see me supporting the dislike of the Virus?? Don't you think its better having a link so we can give some useful information, specially if you're so concerned with people who dislikes Virus? Read before posting such claims or you may be the real stupid for not correctly reading!!

Virus is an "aquired taste" i can see both sides of the users story, but personally i think Access offer "too much???" in the sense they try to deliver what the Virus is capable of, but are always playing catch up! and users get frustrated because they dont deliver what they promised... however, they STILL push and beieive (like me) that one day YOU WILL! get what they promised!.. and i like and trust that,... :thumbup:

If you have invested in a Virus (like me) and expect better things, BE PATIENT! you will be glad you did, and i know VC is a pain in the A**E!!! sometimes with your DAW, but... what other hardware synth is out there that does what the Virus does??? It has a "Unique" architecture which i Love! and look forward to its updates, quirkiness, and cult like following... i always turn to my Virus for inspiration above ANY other synth i have, (and i have 12!!!) so please be nice and patient,,, all good things come to those who wait peepz!! 8)

More LIKES than DISLIKES i think you will find??? People NEVER complain when things are good (99% of time with Access & Virus) Human nature suggests we are all happy until something goes wrong... which IMHO is NOT related to Access or the VIRUS range.. its users PCs, Macs, Etc, which Access has NO control over.... and NO i DO NOT WORK FOR ACCESS!!! so please dont slag off the Virus or Access... GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE POSTING DEFAMATORY REMARKS!! I own lots of other gear, and Roland, Korg etc can be ashamed of themselves over recent updates and product support... and i have been using their gear for 30+ years!!....

Access support their gear (which is why i bought it!) and dont just drop old gear for new gear to make money! and i for one respect that!....
    Quality counts in large amounts!!! (Depeche mode circa 1981) :thumbup:

Welcome aboard... theres a few Numan fans on here, and the Virus is very capable of the "Numan sound" theres a guy called "Matt Jessup" on You tube who does some great demos of Virus whilst playing Classic numan tracks, in his own and original style, He also created the patches for Numans Virus's for his Telekon Tour a couple of years ago... have a listen :thumbup:

Heres the Numan / Virus recreations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElBAYV-NoDw

Enjoy your MONSTER synth...

Cockos Reaper has taken off in a big way over the last year... is there a possibility of it being supported by access??? I use it as my main DAW but it has a few issues with VC. I can make it work with tweaks but its not smoooth... normal recording is fine but ASIO is crap using out from Virus... Anyone else want this?????

Reaper is a great open (ish) source DAW that deserves more collaberation from major synth makers... They just spend MORE time developing improving and making available to the MASS poor musicians amongst us who dont want to be ripped off by Steinberg, Sonar, etc... come on, its old technology with a new GUI??? right???

Yes i know Access are independant too, and have their own interests at heart (Commercially) but us musicians need equipment & software to inspire us into the NEXT generation and push "us" on too!!.. or music will become a dying art!... and NO ONE WILL BENEFIT!!!

Soooo... please can we ALL work TOGETHER?? pleeeeease!... ;(

if you mean simply what would happen if one of the keys was pressed down that's normal. Happens a few times weekly for me where a note triggers and is held. one time it did this triggering my moog at 70% volume at around 80hz and held it for a while when I'd left to go do something lol.

Yes this is what happened to me!... i went downstairs to make a coffee and heard someone playing my virus upstairs! and thought huh?? no one else up there ?( i thought my Virus was posessed by the devil at first... maybe it needs exorcising!!???

Anyway, it has happened a couple of times when connected to the internet.

Funny comments tho... 8)