Beiträge von absenc3

I'm trying to use my Virus TI keyboard with Ableton. I've opened the "Virus TI Tutorial Song", and it plays fine, but I don't understand how to change which track/part the keyboard on my Virus is routed to. It doesn't matter which part I select (either using the part buttons on the Virus itself, or the leftmost number buttons in Virus Control), or which track I highlight in Ableton. When I press the keys on the Virus, it always plays the kick drum. I even tried changing the "global midi channel" in the config menu on the Virus, but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

There doesn't seem to be a simple way to fully factory reset a Virus TI. Instead it involves several steps:

- Virus control center can restore the ROM banks to factory defaults
    - Factory RAM banks can be downloaded from the web site
    - Settings not related to patches can be reset by holding down "arp edit" during startup

What about "multi" and "sequencer" modes? Remote templates? How are they reset? Anything else I've forgotten?

Edit: Remote templates are reset when holding down "arp edit"

I've managed to route audio from the host into Virus Control using the "3 Outs / 1 Input" mode. If I select "FX 1 -> Input -> Mode -> Static" I can e.g. use the filter bank to filter the input audio. However, the dry signal is also audible at the same time. In fact, if I select "FX 1 -> Input -> Mode -> Off" the dry signal is still audible. I'm using direct monitoring (the little D button in VC) with audio directly from the Virus output jacks, so it's not caused by sound card mixing. How can I route audio into the effect section without hearing the dry signal?

4. My second-hand TI came with some additional non-factory patches in ROM. The patch names have initials SC, BA, LD, PD, and PLK. Does anyone recognise them? Are they from the download section of virus.info, or somewhere else?

Update: One bank has been identified, probably BA = bass, LD = lead, PD = pad, and PLK = pluck. In the other bank all patches are labeled SC. The previous owner thinks they might be from UXS, but UXS says they don't have anything labeled like that. If anyone knows what SC could mean, please speak up. :)

I can access the filterbank using the VC plugin, and it works fine, but I can't find it using the hardware interface. The OS5 addendum pdf says it's in the lower effects edit menu which can be found by pressing select until "others" is highlighted. Trouble is, I have no "others" effect on my TI keyboard! Has anyone figured this out?

1. What is the "Virus TI RAM Bank A-D for backup purposes" in the download section? It seems to contain sounds already available in ROM. Is it just copies of ROM patches that are in RAM when the Virus is new from the factory? (I got mine second-hand, so I haven't seen what was in RAM when it was new)

2. Do the TI factory ROM patches include the patches from older products? I notice there's a "Virus C Series ROM Banks" (for TI users) and it has a lot of patches that are in TI ROM, but is organised somewhat different. It is missing banks A and B though, is there anything interesting there? What about Virus B, does it have the same patches?

3. The TI software comes with factory patches for TI2, which has more/other patches. Are these fully compatible with TI, or would there be problems if I replace the TI patches with the TI2 ones?

4. My second-hand TI came with some additional non-factory patches in ROM. The patch names have initials SC, BA, LD, PD, and PLK. Does anyone recognise them? Are they from the download section of virus.info, or somewhere else?