Beiträge von Christiancaicedo

I have had my Virus since July and it has been nothing but a hassle for me... On that note... I first started using my Virus with a 2011 Macbook on Logic Pro X using a Lexicon Alpha audio interface this was my biggest problem the machine refused over and over again to even recognize the Virus. From that point I proceeded to build my own PC and upgrade to Cubase 7.5. I saw slight differences and the Virus worked every now and then but I still continued to have the same connectivity problems via USB. So I finally ruled out that it was my PC it MUST be the interface, I purchased a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4, this however did not fix my problem. Instead I was no longer having USB connectivity issues it was a matter of the buffer size and because of Focusrite's genius design they never actually told me the buffer size in the control panel just the ms. I was then informed by some friends who use a Virus that they had problems connecting it to their Focusrite and then got a Steinberg UR22 which solved all of their problems. So I went ahead and purchased one and so far it has fixed all my problems but one... The buffer size... I get on my virus which connect just fine now and I play about 5 notes and then boom the not continuously plays till I hit start/stop or reset the midi... I tried raising the buffer size I could then play maybe 5 more notes before it does the same problem. Then the Virus says that the buffer size needs to be 512 or lower so I lowered it and still the same problem occurs over and over again... PLEASE HELP. I should be able to purchase a $1,300 piece of equipment and be able to plug in and play instead I've had to deal with this BS since July... I have been told that one of my major problems could be my AMD motherboard...

PC/Studio (specs)

Motherboard/CPU: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2 w/ AMD FX8320 8 x 4.0GHz - 16MB cache
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 Ram
    Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface
    DAW: Cubase 7.5
    Virus TI Snow V.5.1
    Sound card: Sounds Blaster Audigy PCI 7.1c
    Video card: GEFORCE FT 740 SC
    Power Supply: 750W Thermaltake