Beiträge von Prog_Guy

I run multiple viri in ableton..

is it possible to run virus control with multiple instances?

I can't seem to create more then 1 instance.

Yes I know I can select viri from virus control. but in some cases it would be nice to have the editor librarian spawn on a selected track

Just a though if there is going to be any revision..

Thanks
    K

Hi everyone, just a quick hello. Ive been involved in electronic music since 1983.
    I jumped on the virus bandwagon 3 years ago and I just keep buying them because they are so versatile and have such a great sonic scope ..my home studio has been used for trance,edm,synthwave and ambient ...
    At this point the virus has spread ...started with a b added a c, then a ti desktop. When picking up a yamaha keyboard for my daughter, the seller had a virus ti keyboard for sale so we got that bundled up ..while workiing at another facility somebody had a ti desktop for sale so grabbed it too..in march I was working a project and somebody had a desktop ti2 ..grabbed it ..and now most recently a ti2 keyboard .. So they get used across 3 rooms ...anyhow I dont have an infection...I have gas...gear acquisition syndrome ..

okay , downloaded the latest from access

install on windows 10 64 bit went fine ...

updated Ti keyboard no problems 5.1.7.00 went fine

reconnected same usb connection to Virus desktop

updated Ti Desktop no problems 5.1.7.00 went fine ..

reconnected same usb cable to 2nd virus desktop.
    command center shows the name of the device as % and that the device needs an Update
    it also indicates no TIOS found.

Attempted to load 5.1.7.00 finds the device via USB ti desktop says connected. starts load process then fails ..
    Microsoft logs the error

Could use some support , Marc ! any thoughts ?

I've tried the power up with the exit key pressed and it still executed the same problem when I tried to upload..
    Virus Bios is 1.03

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 1/17/2018 11:45:17 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-6FBSISA
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Virus Control Center.exe, version: 5.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x59ccfe33
    Faulting module name: Virus Control Center.exe, version: 5.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x59ccfe33
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000407f3
    Faulting process id: 0x2568
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3901713ce0870
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control Center.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control Center.exe
    Report Id: 9512f4ce-8389-4645-b929-20515c6d2241
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-18T04:45:17.481321400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3734</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-6FBSISA</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Virus Control Center.exe</Data>
    <Data>5.1.7.0</Data>
    <Data>59ccfe33</Data>
    <Data>Virus Control Center.exe</Data>
    <Data>5.1.7.0</Data>
    <Data>59ccfe33</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000000407f3</Data>
    <Data>2568</Data>
    <Data>01d3901713ce0870</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control Center.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control Center.exe</Data>
    <Data>9512f4ce-8389-4645-b929-20515c6d2241</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Personally, it would be great if they packaged up a conversion kit of a system board and instructions to upgrade your TI to a TI 2

I'd go for that ....

I'm also a tech so I'm comfortable ripping into equipment ... Other music shops which have a service depot could aid in the execution or installation for the user ...

just my 2 cents ... support may open up a can of worms though , as some people may tackle it and fail which could be $$$$ ... so they would have to have an idiots guide for installation.

Issue resolved...

Hp8200 has 10 usb slots.

Used a memory stick to identify all ports and hubs by looking at the properties setting in Windows device manager for the memory stick each time it was inserted in a different port
    Identified the root hubs ...inserted one virus into a port associated with each hub.

Ran VC installer for windows. When prompted turned on the virility, pressed Continue.

2 ti s detected all is good in ableton ,sonar and Studio one

Cheers
    K

Hi Everyone , new to the virus and had purchased a TI desktop a while back ... no issues in Windows 10 64 bit and VC 5.1.1.0 X64
    runs in Ableton live 9.7 fine no issues ..

I recently picked up the Virus TI Keyboard , It works fine but I am unable to get the desktop and the Keyboard BOTH visible in Virus Control.

I've uninstalled the VC software re-connected the Desktop and re-install the software and it finds the desktop device fine .

I've uninstalled the software and re-connected the Keyboard and re-installed the software and it finds the Keyboard fine ...

Uninstalled the software , connected both desktop and keyboard ... Virus Control will find only one unit ....

Checked the Device manager in Windows 10 , Had the warning that the device failed to start .. uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver through device manager ..

No luck ...

Could use a little direction on how to troubleshoot this ...

Thanks , love the Viri, just wish I can get them both hooked up together !

So I'm at a loss as to how to get both Viri visible in Virus Control so I can switch devices accordingly ...