Beiträge von Taavi

im not surprised, as i said usbd seems to be highly loaded...
    i assume no errors in the console?

if you have the virus plugged in, and dont have virus control loaded, does cpu also rise?
    also are you using it as a soundcard? if so, try turning that off.. does cpu rise still?

When virus is not connected MidiServer CPU usage is around 0.3%. When I just connect Virus to my computer MidiServer CPU consumption goes to 15~17% - this is when I just connect the USB cable, without running Virus Control or AU/VSTs
    I don't use it as a soundcard (audio interface)[/quote]

I have had fresh installations for the machine and had the same result every time! I'm not going to try that (reinstalling OS X) anymore.

I have tried it when only Virus is being connected and it's still the same. And reboots don't change anything either. It's been the same in 10.6.8, 10.7 and 10.9
    And if you looked at the screen recording which I linked here one page ago then you see how drastically things change when I unplug the Virus and plug it back in.

Thanks Mysik for sharing the frustration!

As much as I understand then Virus drivers are not developed by Access and it seems that as it doesn't cause such pain in Windows then perhaps OS X drivers are perhaps drivers made for Windows but ported to OS X?

for the sake of completeness, let me state first that opening up the unit VOIDS your warranty. end users are not supposed to do so, there are no user serviceable parts inside. in any case, if you decide to proceed you need to remove the panel board and probably the I/O board as well (depending on the model you have).
    hth, marc

Isn't the warranty supposed to be void also if the sticker is taken off from the bottom... at least mine just came off by itself. Bad glue. But it's older than 3 years anyway, still works.
    But the plastic cover for LCD screen is scratched pretty easily.

I think I'm going to sell mine. It's a great synth and everything but everything which has got something to do with connecting the synth with the computer is a horrible experience. :wacko:

Fine with me, as I use it as an AU plugin... and I truly hope that you could write better drivers for Virus when fixing that problem... regarding the MIDIServer CPU usage.

youtube link
    The same thing doesn't seem to bother in Windows, but I'm not a windows user.

System information:
    15-inch, Early 2011
    Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) - same problems were in 10.6.8

:!:

I wouldn't mind it at all, but it's totally absurd and the machine just screams and disturbs when Virus is plugged in.

In that case I think I should make it as a feature request. Because as I do use macbook pro for making music (not some crazy high benchmark desktop machine in a cupboard behind the wall) I have to just unplug Virus to make it quietly. Weird that all the other hardware that I use don't cause so much CPU usage for midiserver.

And I also like it when it's snowy outside and it is right now where I am. Doesn't help!

Hello!

I have a lot of devices connected to my computer running LogicPro for making music - Motu 828 firewire, Powercore firewire, Motu MIDI Express128 (USB) and Virus TI Snow (USB). When I have them all connected to the computer then computer gets hot really easy, and the main reason seems to be that Midiserver takes the most CPU (20% - not much but still). And when I unplug the Virus it goes to about 0.7% CPU. I have also tested MIDI usage by using app called MIDIMonitor and it seems that Virus takes the most of it. Is there anything I could do for it not to take so much CPU or is it possible you could make better drivers for it?

:huh:

Computer is 2011 Macbook Pro running both Snow Leopard and Lion and the problem is the same in both systems.

Hello!

I've found a weird anomaly. I have made a patch and named it. Now when I want to save it into my personal .mid file I choose an empty slot to save it into. But when trying to re-save it, I don't see it there, the slot where I saved it before is empty. But when I want to load the preset, it's there. It wasn't like that in the previous public beta.

I'm using Virus Snow, VirusTI (multi out) Audio Unit in Logic 9.1.3

For me it seems that virtual instruments sound bad mostly because the summing is bad. Sound card's DA converter has got nothing to do with it. There are very few who record their material from audio interface outputs to tape or something - that's the only way when DA is important. Otherwise it's all being exported/bounced to a file.

Hello,

I want to perform live, having 4 channel backtrack playing from the computer: 2ch of audio 2ch of vocals + Virus sounds. The best solution would be getting 2ch from my macbook (vocals for headphones) and 2ch from Virus TI Snow to PA. Using Aggregate device would be best for it, but it doesn't recognize Virus in its list. Is there a solution for it or do I have to bring my multichannel audio interface on the stage? (I wouldn't like to pull apart my rack just for one or few nights)

?(

Hit "Config" and navigate to page System 3/6. BPM LED brightness adjusts the brightness of the flashing access logo (also in standby). is it that what you want to archive?

marc

It's not the BPM/LFO led which is blinking in sleep mode, it's the one above Edit/Shift button. And in menu it's System 3/4 and it only affects BPM/LFO led not the other one. It's probably possible with Virus TI, but I have TI Snow.
    ?(

This (apart that I don't have a mac)
    Also, if it bothers you, just cover it with a cloth ffs :)

I'm sure that Access people would be happier if people wouldn't have to make ugly modifications to their units just to cover that blinking led. Programming that function shouldn't be that difficult.

PS: That blinking isn't similar to mac as it isn't smooth at all.

Problem solved as I said before, but the problem still exists.

The problem exists only if I have my TC Powercore turned on. So to avoid the problem I must start my DAW when Virus is turned on, my audio interface is turned on and Powercore (Firewire) is turned off. And when it all starts up, I can also turn on my Powercore.

I just thought it would be worth to mention in case someone else have such a problem

:huh: