VIRUS TI CAN NOT FIND THE VIRUS IN LOGIC 9 DRIVER ISSUE

• anyone has a driver isssue with the virus 3.1 OS and LOGIC PRO 9...
    every time i try using virus ti in my project it tells me that it can not find the viurs keyboard, all my connections are ok, my usb connection works because when i turn the keyboard it tells me the usb connection reached......

But when i open the virus ti as a software synth within logic it cant find it
    can some one help please

?(

• Hello Anoosh,
    What Apple OS version are you on and what other USB devices are connected to your setup besides the TI and mouse/keyboard?
    Also did you try to reset the Virus TI already? (disconnect all cables, wait 1-2 minutes, then only put the power back in and after that hold down the Arp EDIT button for a few seconds - the BPM LED and the value LED right of the display then will blink)

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hello Anoosh,
    What Apple OS version are you on and what other USB devices are connected to your setup besides the TI and mouse/keyboard?
    Also did you try to reset the Virus TI already? (disconnect all cables, wait 1-2 minutes, then only put the power back in and after that hold down the Arp EDIT button for a few seconds - the BPM LED and the value LED right of the display then will blink)

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

i use (or just upgraded to osx snow thinking that the problem would be solved) osx snow i have tried with nothing hooked up to my usb ports and i have tried reseting virus i have updated the os to 3.3 also but when i try to open it in application (logic pro 9) it tells me virus not found

• I have similar problems - my virus is turned off for the most part now. Too bad, I love the sound but its unusable like this. I have restarted, resetted, reinstalled 3.1.0.0 many times but no luck. Clicks and pops, but most of all a complete flakey USB recognition. I don't know what else to do. Sometimes, my computer see's it, most of the time it doesn't. I have a very large template that takes 5-7 minutes to load, so restarting is a huge deal for me. Especially when having to do it multiple times. I am very disappointed. I have talked with other composers that have a similar setup and it seems everybody I have talked is avoided to use the virus for critcial deadline type projects, we all agree that the sound is awesome and the features are great BUT when you can't use them because the unit isn't seen half of the time then what does the great sound help you with... :thumbdown:

my specs: Macpro 8 core, 18GB RAM, Logic 9 , 10.5.7, virus 3.1.0.0

• i think the problems you're running into are caused by the midi driver which fails when you disconnect or hibernate the virus while the mac is switched on. the solution is to leave the virus on all the time or reboot the mac before you want to work with it. the fix will be distributed with the next vesion.

best, marc

This is not the case Marc, I just bought my virus ti2 polar darkstar ltd running on a mid 2010 macbookpro 4 gbddr3 2.5 i5 processor with midi running through an RME babyface, so midi never disconnects but my plugin doesn't recognize my virus no matter what I do ... I have to restart my mac which normally wouldn't be necessary at all costs to make it work for few hours afterwards it disconnects all of a sudden and I have to restart my machine again to make it work this happening with no sleep time for the virus :cursing: . You should definetly fix this because it's not a 50 cents lollipop from the market on the contrary it costs a fortune and it is practically unussabie.

• Well, it might be an old issue, but I have to restart my computer every time to get Virus (Snow) working in logic or in os x (10.6.8). Virus Control Center doesn't recognize it otherwise. All the drivers and software is up do date.

• I confirm, the problem of the system (computer) not recognizing virus happens sometimes. regardless the way the virus is connected to the computer - with or without a hub and which port. resetting the virus usually does not help, just restarting the computer (it happens with all computers I have - 4 of them).

after last update it happens rarely but does happen.

• This is not the case Marc, I just bought my virus ti2 polar darkstar ltd running on a mid 2010 macbookpro 4 gbddr3 2.5 i5 processor with midi running through an RME babyface, so midi never disconnects but my plugin doesn't recognize my virus no matter what I do ... I have to restart my mac which normally wouldn't be necessary at all costs to make it work for few hours afterwards it disconnects all of a sudden and I have to restart my machine again to make it work this happening with no sleep time for the virus :cursing: . You should definetly fix this because it's not a 50 cents lollipop from the market on the contrary it costs a fortune and it is practically unussabie.

we do not have an open bug report for the issue described. in fact, if there is a problem, we are not aware of it. please contact support and work with them on your issue (in case you don't do so already)
    marc