C7 figure 8 plug 3a or 13a?

• Hi,

I've been helping my friends move their studio from North America to UK. We have a TI2 Polar that came with North American and European power cords, but not UK. It looked like I just needed a C7 (figure 8 ) cord, but having gotten it now I'm not sure if I have the right one. It says it's 13amps (13/250) with a 3amp fuse. But I saw a C7 cable that said it was for Access Virus and other devices, and it was 3amps rather than 13.

Does anyone know the difference? Will I fry the synth if I plug it in to one that's rated for 13 amps?

Really grateful for any guidance on this.

• Your cable is fine - it just means the cable itself is capable of serving up to 13A but the Virus draws nowhere near that amount of current. Any fuse will do, really, as it protects your home in case the internal power supply decides to malfunction. For this, a 3A fuse should be perfect - enough to permit the initial inrush current, not enough to permit continous excessive current draw.

Do make sure the Virus accepts 240 Volts, though. I'd assume all models do but best to verify.