can’t install the latest software for WinXP (version 5.0.0.10), while previous versions 3.x.x.xx - 4.x.x.xx are installed without problems.

• Hello.

I have Virus Ti desktop.

I had too old Cubase 3.72 and WinXP sp2 x32. But at the same time, all versions of Virus Ti software 3.x.x.xx, 4.x.x.xx, 5.0.0.10 were installed without problems. The problem was that after installing any version of Virus Ti software, this old Cubase would not open. Support told me that the reason for this is that Cubase 3.72 is too old for any version of Virus Ti software. Therefore, then I installed on WinXP additionally (as a second one) the fairly new Cubase Le (this is essentially a variety of Cubase SX), in addition to the old Cubase 3.72. But now I can’t install the latest software for WinXP (version 5.0.0.10), while previous versions 3.x.x.xx - 4.x.x.xx are installed without problems.

What could be the reason?

Thank you.

• Sounds like you're having a real headache. I've already mentioned in another thread that you really need to update your pc and os preferably to a mac.

That aside if the ti software doesn't like cubase, try uninstall cubase completely, then installing the latest ti software, then reinstalling cubase maybe?

Sadly with windows and specifically xp you're going to have problems I'm sorry to say.

Trying to troubleshoot windows xp remotely is not a challenge for the feint of heart. Due to the nature of the os, anything and everything could interfere with your daw and ti install.

I really wish I could be of more help.

Kind regards.

Rob.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification