When is ver. 4 release version due?

• ..well as mentioned above, I just wan't to know when the release version no. 4 is meant to be... hrrm.... released!?

The BETA is a bit to buggy for me and when I installed it, it somehow wiped out the "My patches" collection!
    After installing and relaunching Logic it was gone. Fortunatly it seems like the settings for all used sounds
    remained saved within Logic so (as far as I know) I did'nt really loose any of my tracks... and now I have lots
    of free space in the "my patches"directory! Bravo Access!

:-/

• Well, as always BETA's is kind of a experiment, but since Logic kept all settings of the Virus, it's all good....
    However it's still kind of buggy and I would like to know when the release version is due!

Thnx and big up Virus team! :thumbup:

• I understand it is not possible to tell a date, but maybe you could clear the question, if the OS4 is only BETA right now.
    Cause it is advertised on the access site as new OS, but wwhen you go to released Versions it is still OS3...
    Also infekted.org which is not an official forum but still a big one, states OS4 on mainpage to download, no word of BETA.
    I know you are not responsible for what another Site posts, but maybe ypu could just clear things up?
    Thanks

• our definition of a pubic beta is that we addressed the issues known which we were planning to address. it also means that we went through loads of i house test. it doesn't mean that we guarantee that this version and therefore a public beta is like an invitation for others to try and let us know.

a version which contains loads of new features is more of a "risk" than a sub release addressing what we found in the release before. in the case of 4.0.2.01 (which is the seconds release in OS4 times) i think it's worth giving it a shot.

best, marc

• Thank you Marc for your response.
    So I guess there will be probably 2 more BETA Versions before its officially called Release :)
    I understand you guys want to make sure that everything you planned will work out, I just find the advertisement for OS4 very missunderstanding,
    should say: OS4 The new BETA in town...

thanks again

• funny...
    I´m trying to install it now, but it won´t work:
    "No Virus TI can be found"

I never had that before...

Edit:
    Repair did work

• Thank you Marc for your response.
    So I guess there will be probably 2 more BETA Versions before its officially called Release :)
    I understand you guys want to make sure that everything you planned will work out, I just find the advertisement for OS4 very missunderstanding,
    should say: OS4 The new BETA in town...

thanks again

i think everything we planned for this version works great. the new effects seem not to cause trouble for anybody, at least here on the forum. so i'm not really sure what you mean. if you refer to the fact that software is not perfect, yes, that's certainly right - at the same time, nobody forces you to download a new OS adding features for free.

marc

• ?(

no that wasn´t my point, I´m really happy with Access Hardware and Software, I´m the owner of a Virus B, C and Snow.
    All I ment was that I find the way the OS is published a lil bit confusing.
    But to close this subject: I downloaded it and it seems to work fine and after all, thats what is important.

So keep up the good work, call it BETA or miximaxi as long as it works like it has in the past, we´re all good.