Rich Bassix aka Kontagious

• Hi, My names Rich, I want to produce Drum'n'Bass mainly as this is what I dj but after trying to fit production around a hectic social life as well as work, djing, a girlfriend and daughter upto now I havent really got that far, However Im now unemployed have a studio set up Im finally happy with so hopefully all of this will change. Ive dj'ed now for over 10 years and play the full spectrum of dnb, very often Ill play 2 cdj's as well as 2 1210's which to be honest sounds a lot to some people but Im sure anyone with enough passion in their soul for it could easily do this given 10 years practise. Initially I chose production as a way to get myself noticed as a dj however thats not the case so much anymore as Im finding it extremely addictive. I started a Drum'n'Bass night in Cheltenham UK 7 years ago called Bassix which is still running strong and has seen pretty anyone who's anyone in the dnb community play for us at some point from Calibre to Dillinja.

My current studio set up comprises fo a Macbook Pro with 23" Cinema Display, Logic 9, Mackie 824's, A Virus TI Keyboard Mk1, An Akai MPK49 and a few NI Bits'n'Pieces. Im happy with the set up however dare I say it the Virus is stood against the wall gathering dust as I have found it to have a mind of its own, One day it works, Next it wont. Im considering selling the Virus but Im hoping that I can be convinced that this would be a mistake, My main concerns are whether a Virus can also be used other plug ins and assign the knobs, If this isnt possible Im considering selling the Keyboard and putting the cash towards a stand alone model without Keyboard, Im really loving NI Massive at the moment as well as the Es2, Synthesis is something thats only really made proper sense to me in the last 6 months but where Im putting the hours in Im finding Im learning more and more each day, I know in the back of my mind that a virus would be an asset in my set up however I think my biggest worry is the fact I wanna get some results out of my studio soon and therefore do I concentrate on a few plug ins I feel Im starting to understand fairly well for now becuase the Virus does come across a bit daunting and I get the impression that to reap the benifits of it may well take years of studying it?

soundcloud.com/rich-bassix