Controlling Program Up/Down (Value) and Bank Up/Down with external midi controler (M-Vave Chocolate)

• I order to prevent the typical Value Up/Down wear of the patch selector buttons, would like to program two midi controler buttons to act as +/- Value change for program and bank, just as the ones in the syth.

Is there a way to do it? cannot find the spec of the messages to use.

Thank you

• Thanks for trying to help.

I am not trying to send a Program change or Multi change to a specific preset.

I am trying to send a Value + or Value - to select the following preset or the previous.

The same with the buttons to increase or decrease the bank.

I see all Virus struggle with preset/bank buttons failing and requiring firmer presses.

Would like to set a midi foot controller to those value/prog up down buttons and the same for bank selection

Amazing this is something difficult to sort out

• I understand, but that is something that can't be easily answered.

First there are some things to know:

Preset Changes are MIDI Program Changes that can be sent with MIDI CC values. These are:

Bank Select (Preset Change) = CC 0 (0-127) example: CC0 23

Bank Select (Preset Bank Change) = CC 32 (0-127)

That means MIDI Program Changes don't change Presets but choose a different Preset/Program.

If you are on PC or Mac:

The easy way to change Presets is to use your Computer Keyboard and utilize the up and down arrow keys while you are in the TI browser.

(This is my way to do it while listening through preset banks.)

If you want to map Preset Change to any Midi Controller:

You have to activate Midi Program Change on the Vius TI.

(in single mode: Menu Config: Midi 3/3 set Program Change and Multi Program Change to Enabled)

Now the virus ti can recive Midi Program Changes (Preset/Bank Changes). This only works with "AU" and VST plugins not the VST3 version.

On Ableton you can use this Max4Live device: CF Program Changer 1.0

And map it to your favorite Midi Controller.

If you do not use any DAW or computer (MIDI controller directly connected to the Virus TI), then the MIDI controller must have the Program Change option.

In my case, I use an AKAI MPK61 and that works.

Your M-Vave Chocolate seems to have this option too.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.