Updated to OS4 and now have even more problems!

• Just updated my Virus Polar to OS4 and on top of the problems I've had with OS3 I now have even more.....

1: The biggest one is that OSC2 keeps randomly detuning itself to 127 on certain patches......happens even when I use the unit as standalone Hardware. I'm standing in for a Keyboard player this Thurs (for a considerably large gig) and its embaressing to say the least that this keeps happening.

2: Cycling through the patch banks is now slow and sluggish. The Virus sticks at certain patches. This never used to happen.

3: My Virus also randomly plays certain notes .......without me even touching it!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous and a complete nightmare in a live situation and again is a total embaressment in rehearsal.....god only knows what will happen live.

These are three big problems I've noticed since the update but even with OS3 I have had far too many to justify the price tag. I bought the Virus on the strength of the TI software as I spend a lot of my time tracking in the studio but this has been completly useless to me. I use Protools 7.4 and i've yet to get it working in any satisfactory way. Yes I understand many have said to purchase a dedicated USB card but I use a laptop. Many poly patches simply drop out intermittently and forget about getting it working on multi channels.

I love the sound of the Virus, when it works, but I've honestly spent more time troubleshooting with it than I have spent making music.

• try to reset you virus by removing all cords (including the power, USB and audio cables) - wait for 20 seconds and plug everything but power in again. now hold ARP EDIT and plug-in the power cord. if the problem persists, contact access support. what you describe above doesn't sound like the typical OS4 experience.

hth, marc