Recording Virus TI's knobs

• I thought, ok let's ignore this automation in Cubase and record the cutoff change by moving the knob on the harware. I had proper cutoff change during the recording but playing back the bit – no cutoff change.
    What am I doing wrong? Is it not that easy? Or is it something in Cubase I have to change?

thanks
    MaF

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite

• I don't believe knob movements export CC. It would be nice if they did as I really hate having to keep them under the VSTi instrument automation lanes, instead of with the MIDI track they belong to.

That being said, if you have another controller you can record with that and then map the automation movements to something usefull in VTC

Also, you might achieve somethign useful with the Remote Control feature, though I haven't taken the time to learn how to use that yet.

• Really? I thought this would be possible. Especially because there is this remote feature that allows you to control other synths.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite