[solved] VC in FL Studio: VC dissapears when another channel/instrument is selected

• Not sure if this is an FL issue of a VC problem.

Another minor Virus annoyance which causes much irratation in FL.

The VSTi "Virus Control" wrapper dissapears when any other channel in FL is selected - which is a nightmare as you have to use multiple MIDI OUTS to use its multi-instruments.

Every other 3rd party plug remains open (Kontakt etc) when you select a different instrument channel, but VC doesn't.

It's beyond annoying - you have the plug-in open from the master Virus channel ... Say you then want to go to play, for example, MIDIOUT channel 4, so you click that channel - *poof* VC closes ... now, if you wanted to make any parameter change, you have to click back to the Virus master channel to re-open VC ... which then switches you to the Default channel 1 sound. Repeat until insane.

I don't quite know how I'm going to make parameter changes to any other sound that not on the default midi channel ... At the moment, I'm having to leave Channel 1 free as a 'playground' and use that as the tweeking channel, but it's an ugly workaround.

Anyone else here with FL Studio find the same?

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SpencerSteel ()

• There's a setting in the FL Studio 'general' options called "Auto Select Linked Modules" ... turning this off means all plug-in stay open until you close them manually.

Much relief.

Sorry this was more of an FL question that a Virus question ... but someone might come here in the future, so I'll keep the post up :)

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4