Clear buffer when scrolling through patches

• Please don't shoot me down if this is already possible, but I would really like the audio buffer to be cleared when changing a patch.
    At the moment, it's a bit of a hit and miss affair when searching quickly through patches, as the the previous patch hangs in there effecting the next selected creating a sort of hybrid between the two.

As I said, this 'may' already be possible (and may have ben discussed before), but I sure can't find out how. If so, how?

regards,
    Matt

• Actually, the transitional sounds i get when changing preset in multi mode are a bit of a pain - basically if I'm changing patch i just have to keep my hands off the keyboard for at least a couple of seconds.

• Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Be nice to have the option to have it cut out between patches or not.

Sometimes i actually like the x-over sound, only to be disappointed that it's not actually available once everything settles.

• I am really surprised that this is an issue to some. This is for sure not at all a bug.

It is a remarkable feature that the previous patch sustains naturally even the next one is already selected. Many other devices and most softsynths can't do this. It's also the natural behavior of all acoustic instruments - you need to damp them explicitely when you want something else. IMHO not having this feature is really troubling as workarounds for not having this are always cumbersome.

If this is really an issue to anyone that must be sounds with insane release settings, mad reverb or whatever...

Well, there's always space for another option... :D

But please no harsh cutoff then but a strong forced eg damping... :whistling:

• The point is it doesn't continue properly - you usually get some weird unpredictable hybrid which is invariably unpleasant and comes in with a great discontinuity. Especially when changing multi.

For this reason I stay away from the keys when changing presets. I agree, if the previous sound were maintained, integrity uncompromised, then it is highly desirable - but unpredictable behaviour kind of rules it out.

• Didn't realize glitch problems with single yet. Multis may be more challenging so.

Would be really interesting to find out the reason for these glitches. Does this apply to Virus TI OS 3 or OS 4 or both?

I admit I am a bit obsessed by this seamless sound switching problem - something I would expect as normal standard. Reality is glitches are mostly the standard... many VST's are horrible - some even create pops or cracks even if you keep off your fingers from the keys - probably just because there is still something sustaining in the old patch...

I think it's a design flaw in many synths. Not a part should hold the patch data for all notes in it but each note should have it's own patch data copy assigned. With this sustaining notes can sustain with their patch data even if you change the patch in a part. :whistling:

• I think its to do with the segragation of effects from voices that they have done as well as tempo differences (amongst other things). Obviously if you change the tempo and your delay effect is tempo linked (something which I scarcely do for that very reason) then a change in tempo will cause doppler effect problems. I also know that every time I boot my virus when it was left in multi mode - at least one of the sounds is set to 'init' so i have to change preset before it will behave properly (important to remember if you go back to it on stage and there was a power cycle for some reason that you didnt know about (!)).

• Unsure... I don't really remember - I think it is more something that has been creeping in, I'd say OS3 onwards. It's hard to be sure when you can only infer from the behaviour of the device rather than being privy to the actual source code...

• Please don't shoot me down if this is already possible, but I would really like the audio buffer to be cleared when changing a patch.
    At the moment, it's a bit of a hit and miss affair when searching quickly through patches, as the the previous patch hangs in there effecting the next selected creating a sort of hybrid between the two.

As I said, this 'may' already be possible (and may have ben discussed before), but I sure can't find out how. If so, how?

regards,
    Matt

how did you find out which virus didn't clear audio buffer ?

inmo ,audio buffer is related with sound latency ,so why it should be clear ?
    if it will happen do you think the sync problem maybe get better?

thank you