re. 4.0 having problems on start up in live 8

• virus lords,

alas, i downloaded 4.0.5 and i am having seizures trying to figure out why this is happening . Every time i place the virus on a midi track, it starts up half way and then ableton gives me an error message stating that there is a communication error and that the virus ti does not respond to requested messages or the data is corrupt. It also states that RAM banks in the browser will not correspond to the actual content in the device and advises me to check my system set-up . I have downloaded 4.0 again, restart both mac and virus, start new project on ableton, same message, and not syncing arp, lfo, efx, nothing... Please help , i fear i may be suicidal ! ;(

• heckmat , apologies for not posting my set up...it is as followed:

running mac pro 2x 2.66 ghz 12 g memory version 10.6.2, 2 rosettas with symphony , d-box, antelope clock , virus ti2, ..... the prior version only had a few glitches such as syncing ,and having to initialize every time you insert plug in. I called access and they convinced me to upgrade to 4.0,and though i was hesitant they told me this would fix the sync issues and initializing problem which it did, but now patches are certainly not matching up as far as integration and what is shown on the hardware, it will not sync to ableton (bpm) and so forth as mentioned earlier , any help will be greatly appreciated,....

Suicidal

• Ableton and the Virus usually have some kind of problem, I've noticed over the years.

But, I've been running OS 4.0.0.18 on Ableton Live 8.1.3 (8.1) etc and it has been dead stable. Infact, it's the most stable it has ever been, so I refuse to upgrade :D Although, I might have to upgrade once my Polar comes in ;(

• lucky you bonehead,

i am sure someone can answer or resolve this issue as it is really is not an ableton issue because all of my gazillion other plug ins work fine, and for the record my system minus ti is as stable as it gets

• leave 5 bar alone before your song start...
    is your delay compensation on ?
    have tried virus audio interface with 128 buffer ?
    have you tried dedicated usb pci card ?
    if VC didn't load on live try to uninstall virus software suite and install again ....