Just bought a Virus Polar Ti2, I need some help!

• I just bought a used virus from Guitar Center. They sent me no cd's to install the Virus Control, can I download this?

Also, the serial number is still registered to the previous user, so I can't register on this site as an owner. What should I do?

And lastly, I'm a little concerned if this is an actual Ti2, what would be different visually about the Polar from it's previous Ti version?

Thank you!

• The Virus Control can only be downloaded by registered users, but your S/N is registered to the previous user so the answer is: you have to contact access support: they'll get in touch with the previous owner and transfer the number to your account.

For the TI/TI2 differences, the most obvious to me are the side panels, which are curved over the unit's top in the TI2 and straight in the first version, and the lcd display: it has a plexy cover in the first version, with 4 screws - it is not present in the TI2 (and it's a shame, imho, i really loved it in the TI1 and i would have loved if my TI2 had it)

Just look at the pictures:

TI Version 1 -> http://www.alarrecordingstudio…access_virus_ti_polar.jpg

TI 2 -> http://www.dv247.it/assets/products/61829_l.jpg

• I got it working, thanks.

Heres what I need help with now:

No matter what I do, I've tried pressing save on the VC after I create a patch and it is NEVER there when I open it up again. How do I correctly save it?

Also, how do I do split keyboard? Like a walk through, step by step instructions. I've look everywhere and I can't seem to find anyone explaining this.

• Hi there :)

To split the keyboard: in multimode, go into the edit menu for each patch you want to allocate, and find the 'range' page where you can set 'lowest note' and 'highest note'. For instance for a simple two way non-overlapping split you could set a patch 'BASS' with default low note and set its high note to G3, and then edit patch 'LEAD' to low note G#3 (the next note up from the BASS high note) and leave its default high note.

Or, in addition to your BASS and LEAD ranges, you could reserve a couple of individual notes on your keyboard for sound effects. For example, the very lowest key on your keyboard could have its range set to patch 'BOOM' and the highest key to patch 'HISS'. Then you would have the sequence of:

BOOM (single key) - BASS (range) - LEAD (range) - HISS (single key)

...each separated from neighbouring patches by respective lowest-note and highest-note settings.

Suzzy