TI2 Crashing Sonar 8.5

• Hi Guys,

I have a weird one -

I had a hard drive crash, and had to replace my hard drive in the end.

Got everything set up as before, all the same software (Sonar 8.53) and downloaded the latest OS Update for my TI2 (which I think I had before), and now if I choose a 'simple instrument' (ie midi and audio out on one track) in Sonar the TI will load OK, but if I choose 'Midi Source and all outputs (Stereo)) which I did before to take advantage of the multi outputs, Sonar just crashes, citing the virus in the exception report.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ed

PS using Windiws XP as always did....

• Hi Marc.

Thanks for the quick response!!

It's weird I tried different settings, and noticed the Virus had overtaken as the soundcard, and so I changed it back to the EMU 0404 usb I use, and the crash file now says it's Sonar playing up!!
    Shall I attache the dmp crash dump files to an email.

Thanks!

Eddie

• hi eddie,

yes, please do. every information helps

marc

• Hi Marc,

Sorry I'm being stupid, can't seem to find an email address to post them to?
    Tried the support bit but there wasn't an option to attch the dump files.
    Cheers,

Eddie

• Hi eddiec100

I just had a fix by customer support :thumbup: & as like you couldn't find or how to attach files.

So I sent initial report (about problem)
    when I got reply from support with (Ticket No) sent back to me.
    I was then able to add the files needed to send back via email.

Once you start a topic, stick to same subject line & include your ticket number.

OR.........Start a new email , addressed to..................[email protected]
    Should be able to attach any needed files on this.

Cheers

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• Hi Zummooz,

Thanks very much for the tip, glad to know I wasn't being completely daft!!!

Appreciate it!

Cheers,

Eddie