effects loop?

• I have a virus kc, and I was wondering if there is a way to create a send and recieve effects loop using the ext inputs and one of the outputs so i can use some stomp boxes. is this possible? ive been messing around with the keyboard and even searched the forum but no luck. any help would be appreciated.

• You can do something like this in Multi mode, sometimes in Single mode (see below). I'm not 100% on the details, because I've had a TI for several years now, and the process is a little different ...

1. Create the basic patch that you want, and set the output to Out2 or Out 3. This will become your 'effect send' bus.

2. Return the effect loop via the external audio inputs.

3. If you want to share the effects of the patch, you can route the external inputs using TO EFFECTS, which will save polyphony. I think that this method is available in Single and Multi modes.

4. If you do not want to share the effects, then create a simple patch with external inputs, all oscillator volumes set to zero, and the input set to STATIC. This will essentially set the external inputs up as if they were spare channels on a mixer. This method requires Multi mode, because there are *two* patches being used, the main sound, and the 'spare mixer channel.'

Regards,

-BW

Bruce Wahler
    [email protected]

• well i gave it a shot, but i am a complete synth noob. what i have set up is the "pedals input" going into the "synth output2". then i have the "pedals output" going to the "synth ext in". I then hit the main patch edit button and turned the second output on with "output 2 L" selected. i then hit the effects edit button and turned the input "in L" on. I have also tried the "aux L". i have also tried "dynamic" - "send to effects".

sometimes the effect will bleed through, and it is constant. there is no effect from the keys. is there a way where the effect would bleed through only when a key is pressed, or did i set it up wrong. also when the pedal is off, there is constant hum like it is feedbacking. not sure if i did this correctly or not.

• the virus b and c both have a ring mod in the effects section
    check that these are set full anti clokwise
    then set your input channel to whatever
    then set the typr of input action you want,,,,, key trigger,,,,,,,hold,,,,,,,,,,to effects
    also check your direct though and boost levels in the effects section

happy bugging

• well i did a little testing tonight. i was using head phones since it is late, so i will have to try tomorrow and see if i get the same result, but this is what i found:

i did output2 L to the effect in and effect out to ext in. I selected the output2 L as my secondary output at around 65. this enabled me to hear the distortion pedals effect. i guess i didn't need the input on after all. i did notice though that if the effect is left on and i switch patches it will carry on to the next patch until i turn of the input even if everything is set to off.

i think i got it, but will have to wait to test it tomorrow on some speakers. let me know if i think i got it right. thanks for all the help to guys! ;)