Virus TI Desktop not powering up

• Needing a bit if advice from people on here about a problem with a TI my friend has. I currently have a Virus A and was recently offered the chance to buy my mates virus TI. He has looked after it well in the time he has had it but for some reason it no won't boot up. He hasn't used it much lately but when he went to power it up the screen on the virus just flashes and nothing else happens. This occurs both when USB is plugged in or even trying to use the unit as a stand alone synth. Tried resetting it to factory settings and it has made no difference. Anyone ever encountered this before and what sort of cost was involved in having it repaired? Needing to know this before I commit to buying it as it obviously makes a big difference on what I will be willing to pay for it since I am going to have to get it repaired.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• try to reset your device ....and check your device a few times which make your sure the device is ready to buy..
    First Disconnect all Ti cables except power cable and in standby mode hold on arp edit for a few seconds...
    and then power up again

• Thanks. We have been through that reset procedure and it has sadly made no difference. Trouble is my mate can't afford to send it away for repair so I was considering taking it at a heavily reduced price and sending it off for repair instead. Just not finding much info on how easy this is to do or if even possible to send it somewhere in UK as opposed to packing it off to Access in Berlin to get fixed.