Separating the outputs to Cubase tracks

• What's the best way to have multiple separate virus midi tracks? It's not the same as VST synths where you just pop in new instances is it? As for using separate parts, I'm trying to play 2 virus parts on two different tracks in Cubase 5 but both parts are playing on both tracks. I loaded the virus as vst instr (with the three output setting) and it loaded 3 inst tracks in Cubase which looks fine, however only one midi track was added where I assumed there should be 3, one for each output(?). So I added another midi track but both parts play on both tracks. When I set part one output to USB1 l+r and part 2 to USB2 l+r, they both reset to USB2 l+r. Only the first instrument track is getting the signals. Nothing on the 2nd track. I would think that when the usb2 output is selected in either (or both) parts the signal should show on the 2nd track but it doesn't.

I think I would prefer to just use multiple parts for constructing complex layered patches and keep them on one track, but what about having many (more than 3) separate "instances" of virus in a project?

>> Solved - I was trying to change output dest with the surround setting instead of the common page output settings. It works. :pinch: