Ableton Drums - Im sure its all my fault but...

• Im trying to use my virus ti to trigger the Impulse Drum Samples - which are usually associated with midi keys c3 onwards. Ive tried everything and am now completely confused. I know Im going to kick myself. The set up is like this:

monitors are out of virus ti
    . Virus is connected to ableton both via usb and midi, ableton is integrated with virus ti properly (configured usb as 3 outs) - I can choose sounds and play them and play back other samples from the Ableton Library. For example I can audition the different kick sounds and so on by clicking on them in the file browser. Midi is routed as per the virus/ableton tutorial with each midi channel routed through to the master track. However when I place the same samples in the impulse drum kit whilst I can see that the kit is getting a signal from the keyboard there is no sound. I've tried all the kays on the keyboard but just cant figure it out - does anybody else recognise this problem?

Graham

• I've finally solved it - having spent hours and hours on it - I couldnt trigger the drums from the keyboard turned out to be a setting in the ableton Midi preferences marked "remote" - I must have clicked every button...