advice on a VIRUS KB

• Any advice on the KB. How does it stack up to the TI? Do you have one? Any known problems with them? Any thing will help.

• It "stacks up" having the same engine minus a whole lot of cool features. It sounds louder due to having less maximum polyphony, something untrained people perceive as "better" (tip: your ear will always think a loud sound is better than its quiet identical counterpart)

• It seems decent to me. Just be sure it is in perfect working order. I've seen (and see usually) both Virus A desktop and B desktop going for more than 600$ here in Europe. Check the conditions if you can and obviously read a bit on the internet about the features it doesn't have when compared to the C and the TI to see if you're going to miss them or not.

Mostly you lose the additional oscillator modes (grain, formant, wavetable, hypersaw); the alternate filter mode (analog emulation); some of the FX and the ability to have per-part FX instead of global ones; no eq and only the legacy distortion/saturation modes; polyphony "only" up to 24 voices. There's probably something else but these are the main features that come to my mind.

• It's Access dude! XD

Everything you can afford is cool.

If you have the money for a TI, go for it! If you only have the money for the B/C, also go for it! ;)
    I guarantee you that you won't regret it... I'm very happy with it. It made me save also for a TI2. :thumbup: