TI Desktop Partially Function Unit (not in standalone mode)

• Hi Community

I have some severe problems in standalone mode with my TI Desktop. Here is the problem any help would be SO welcome as I would like to see if anything can be done before sending the unit of for repair which I suspect will be expensive but hope not. I sent the below e-mail to Access and they recommended re-booting the unit but this does not work

///////////

My Virus TI Desktop has recently stooped functioning correctly in standalone mode. When I power up the unit in standalone the unit starts up as normal but I cannot control it with a connected MIDI controller connected to MIDI in. No MIDI activity gets registered on the units display. If I try auditioning a patch from the audition button combination I can hear a patch. When I then move to the next patch the previous patch continues to play etc until after a few minutes the sound output starts buzzing continually until I restart the unit or sometimes setting the panic buttons avoids a crash, else a restart is needed. I did notice over the last 6 months that some parameters would randomly change on some patches (cannot remember which patch though). I did update the software to the latest beta version which is supposed to address random patch changes
    The sounds of the TI can be accessed at present from the VC plugin in Logic but the unit cannot be controlled from its MIDI interface. Control is only possibly through Logic with a connected MT4 MIDI interface. When using Logic the output driver settings must be changed from Virus TI to the Built-In output of my MAc so that i can hear the Virus sounds and the rest of my Logic tracks. If I audition the patches on the Virus with the headphones connected to the various with this setup I can still here the auditioned patch from the TI.

I know this maybe a specific problem with the unit but could you possibly advise on whether you believe this to be a problem with the MIDI circuitry and the memory chip. I know the only authorised service centre is in Germany and would appreciate any feedback as to how much this may cost to get repaired.

Many thanks

Alan

• Thanks Marc

I presumed it was as I have tried almost everything and can not fix it. I am based in London England. Not sure if there is a service centre nearer then Germany.
    Would you know or do I need to contact support.

Thanks

Alan