Setting up Virus Snow with Ableton Live 8

• Hi guys,

Loving my Snow, but frustrated when I'm using it with Ableton Live 8.
    I can't seem to find out how to use all 4 parts simultaneously.
    I got it to work with Logic 9, but getting help for how to do it on Ableton 8 is a disaster (lots of help for Ableton 5 though).
    How the heck does one set their Virus up to use all 4 parts with Ableton 8?

• I copied this from another post. http://www.virus.info/forum/in…=2947&highlight=#post2947

1. Create 4 MIDI tracks.

2. Drop Virus Control into the blank area to create the 5th track. Rename this track Virus TI.

3. All MIDI Tracks should route MIDI From - All channels.

4. Your MIDI Track 1 should route MIDI To - Virus TI, but below that route to channel 1. MIDI Track 2 should route to "2" and so forth.

5. By default Virus Control will automatically have a CC build for all channels Filter Cutoff 1, Volume, Softknob 1, Softknob 2 & Softknob 3.

6. When you want to tweak Filter Cutoff 1 on the Virus' 4th Part or Channel, you simply go to Arrangement View, Arm the Track named Virus TI, ON THE VIRUS HARDWARE SCROLL TO PART 4, Arm the Global Record, press play and tweak to your hearts delight.

7. Last thing to know: If you wanted to tweak lets say the Filter Cutoff 2 on part 7...YOU HAVE TO CREATE THE CC IN LIVE. To do this, in Virus Control select part 7. Click on the filter tab on the top on Virus Control. Right click on Filter Cutoff 2 and click add to Automation. Now Live will allow you to record tweaks on Filter Cutoff 2 part 7.