Recording Vocals With TI 2 as Soundcard

• Hi,
    I'm probably being really daft, but I am having major headaches trying to work this out.
    I use Sonar X1 64 , and due to my Emu Soundcard playing silly buggers, I'm trying to use my TI2 as the soundcard.

Im set on the Asio and Sonar is happily playing back audio through the Virus.
    However, when I go into 'record' on an audio track, even with the Virus selected as the Audio in, I don't hear the mic coming through (i'm sending it from an aux bus on a hardware mixer). Now the signal is definitely going into the virus, as if I use 'audio through' I can hear it from the normal outputs of the virus, but my question is, where would the signal from the TI appear on the computer so I can record it?
    Should it be the Asio input, or do I need to launch VC and it comes out of one of the USB outputs there?

I'm just very confused right now. Sorry if I've missed something very obvious, but some idiot step by step instructions of getting an external sound through the virus to record on the DAW (or where to find that) would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Cheers

Ed