Orb type effect

• I personally love my virus ti desktop, i bought it quite a few years ago now and the idea the OS is still getting updated is awesome, thanks Virus :)

I do have 1 request though, and my request is as follows, i have been using the omnisphere from spectrasonics about the same amount of time as my virus, but it never got used as much as the virus, as I thought the patches and its overall usability wasn't nearly as strong as the virus.

That is until last week when i downloaded the new upgrade and they have added a new Orb type of effect/manipulation tool, but to say its an effect is an understatement, its a sound mangler of sorts, check it out here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I'd love Virus to come up with some new section that emulated or bettered this orb synthesis manipulation tool, as i have had so much fun with it the last week.
    Other than that, do your thing Virus, its awesome ;)

• I watched the video.

It seems to me that the Orb is creating a set of semi-randomized modulation routings. That's not a terrible idea, but also not hugely interesting to me for the way I personally work. It would be kind of neat to have the patch randomizer function work in such a way that it only varied the continuously-variable parameters (e.g. not oscillator type or other stepped parameters) and then map all their "variation amounts" to one controller so you could morph between the new "randomized" patch and the source patch. That would be cool but difficult to implement in a semi-reasonable way with the current hardware.

But what interests me most about this idea is not anything about what the Orb is doing, but the idea of a dedicated Virus iPad app to run in partnership with the Virus Control plug-in. I'm not really sure what we would gain, there, if we don't want to add any functions that can't be mirrored elsewhere (since I'm sure Access doesn't want to spend the next decade listening to all the furious non-iPad users), but maybe something like a mixer page for the 16 parts or something like that would be neat.