Logic Pro 9 bouncing problem

• Hi guys,

I'm not much of a poster on here, although I do find the site very useful for troubleshooting/tips etc.. Apologies if this question has been asked already but I have searched for some time, and tried a number of solutions and this post is a last resort.

I've got a project in Logic 9 which is using the Virus TI as a multi-timbral instrument. I am only using 3 of the 16 available channels for instruments in the Virus and I am trying to bounce each of these tracks as audio to use in another project.

I'm aware that you cannot bounce offline with a Virus and Logic, so I have been bouncing in real-time.

Originally I tried bouncing all three instruments (in group solo) to get the virus sound away from the rest of the mix. When listening back to the bounce there are elements missing.

So I tried to solo the individual channels on the virus by muting the two I didn't need, and select the relevant track (of the 16 created when I setup a multi-timbral instrument) in Logic, and select the relavent track in the Virus TI but when I bounce, despite being able to hear the audio through my speakers in real time, and see the MIDI information affecting the Virus TI channel - when I listen to the .wav I have created it is completely mute.

The output of the individual Virus TI channels is set as USB 1 L+R

Can anybody shed some light?

Many thanks

• Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not using any aux channel effects on it, no.

I have just tried your method and muted every unwanted channel strip on the arrange window, along with every channel within the Virus TI. Again when I try to bounce, I can hear the soloed instrument playing, it seems to be doing something. The Virus TI shows it's receiving information which is registering on the channel's level indicator, but the recording is mute.

• I'm not sure why this is happening mate, I've just tried it myself on an old project & I can Bounce any channel individually.

I can't get my head round that you can hear the track when you are bouncing but it renders an empty file, I'm assuming the Output meters are showing activity as well which should mean that you would end up with something.

If you can, zip the project & send me it in a PM I will see if I can figure it out for you.