• VIRUS TI POLAR, Running through USB into Cubase 5

Im writing fairly aggressive Dubstep, Drum and Bass sounds at the moment so im using a lot of LFO synchronisation.
    I tend towards sort of machine-gun style sounds often with a Square LFO with the contour pretty much all the way to the right to get a very attacking sort of sound but im finding I get so much noise!
    Its not possible to get a clean sound and really holds me back from getting a truely pro sound :(.
    Im getting a lot of glitches and clicks, i've tried tweaking the attacks and releases as well as having the synth on mono (you never know) but nothing. Is this just something I have to put up with? £2000 is a lot for a synth that won't even give me clean audio.

Similar problems?

Possible fixes?

Will running the synth as straight audio solve this?

• You're talking about a complex piece of kit which could be in any number of set ups... give us more info...

PC? MAC? What DAW are you using? Is USB selective suspend disabled if you are using virus control? You may also be inadvertently introducing undesired noise into your presets, too - I can think of a number of ways you could - but no use until I have more info...

• In advanced power settings (you can get to it from control panel -> power options) - have you disabled USB selective suspend? This being enabled can cause the problem you describe (it does for me).