My Virus is not playing ball anymore… [SOLVED]

• My trouble free time has come to an end ;(

My Virus has been working relatively ok for me for a while now, towards the end of last week it's developed some really frustrating random problems.

I'm working on a track that has 7 TI parts in it, only up to 4 sounding at any one time though. I can't seem to play the whole project through without either some slight detuning, major detuning, missing delay, the TI giving up altogether halfway through & refusing to play any more sounds or it trying to play all the sounds all at the same time.

The patches I'm using & their "power ratings" are:

Prongo - 2 bars
    Breezer - 3 bars
    ,~]>{ - 2 bars (don't you just love Charlie May's patch naming system)
    DX-Pno2 - 2 bars
    Sync303 - 1 bar
    Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)
    Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)

Sometimes Prongo will be late, I get clicks when Breezer & DX-Pno2 play together & whenever ,~]>{ plays - either alone or with another patch it can sound like a string being slowly tightened then quickly released - from time to time the delays are nowhere to be heard even though the VC shows they should be. The 303/302 patches are generally ok but sometimes they will all start sounding with everything else - even in the absence of any notes coming in.

I've tried disconnecting & reconnecting everything in different USB ports one by one, I've stopped using Time Machine whilst using Logic (sometimes this makes a difference - not always), I've tried 64bit & 32bit - 32 has less problems but they are still present & nothing I can do is completely solving the problem.

In this track I've got some audio tracks, 2 instances of Battery, 2 instances of FM8, Kore, Massive, Kontakt & some external synth action all routed through Logic, my CPU is only showing about 25-35% usage so I know that it can handle it.

I've never had a problem as bad as this with the Virus before, I haven't even begun to start mixing the track yet but if I can't sort it out I'm not going to be able to - has anyone got any ideas?

• It looks like we have finally been able to sort out my issues, the culprit - a USB hard drive connected via a USB hub :!:

I have no idea why this was causing a problem for the Virus, according to the computer the port the TI is on is separate to the port the hub is on. ?(

Jorg from support (who is very helpful) says that USB drives can quickly eat up any available USB bandwidth, but in my non computer trained brain seeing as the ports are separate from each other I wouldn't have thought that would cause me a problem.

Anyway, the TI has been running flawlessly for the last couple of days so it must have been & if I have to disconnect the USB drive which is only used for Time Machine when working with the Virus - I can live with that.