Virus Control Sync Issue in Pro Tools 8, 9

• I've contacted Access tech support twice now and got NO RESPONSE about this issue so they're obviously aware of it but just ignore it.
    The arpeggiator in Virus TI does not sync properly in Pro Tools using virus control in Multi processor mode.
    It works somewhat using 1 processor but that is useless.
    It also works using MIDI clock but then I'm not able to use virus control.
    Is there a fix to this?
    Or is there a way to sync the Virus to MIDI clock from pro tools and still use Virus control for editing, browsing etc.....?
    I think not since the 3rd MIDI page, under the configuration menu on the virus which contains the MIDI clock settings disappears as soon as I instantiate the virus control plug in.
    This is a huge problem considering the price tag on this synth.

Any Answers PLEASE?

Thanks

• please post the ticket numbers, so we can check why you didn't get a response.

cheers, marc

• Oh they are 'aware' of the issue...I reported it to them over 3 years ago & guess what, yup its still an 'issue'. In fact out of all the virus users on this forum & others like it I have only ever heard of one person who claims to have VC running successfully in pro tools. The only way to get it to work is by reducing the hardware buffer so low that it renders the DAW practically useless. In the 12 years that I've had my recording studio I have never had as much grief from a single piece of software as I have had with VC. I gave up trying to get it to work a long time ago because it probably never will.

• That sucks but it's what I've read on other forums as well.
    Back to midi clock I guess. Pretty embarrassing for a german company isn't it?

Yes it does & yes it is. If you need to use VC I suggest using a VST host like live or cubase. The main problem is the whole USB thing which from the get go has been very problematic & has not got better with age. If they ever come out with a TI3 & it still has USB then a firing squad needs to be formed. Just making it look more pretty is not cutting it anymore. A serious re-think is very necessary at this point...I welcome your comments access ; )

• Ah man I wondered why eveytime this problem was brought up in other posts, the answer from the mods was "send a report ". Then the post just went dead :(

Marc can we having defining answer on this

Can we use midi and usb at the same time for the arps?

Can you please tell us if the sync with VC actually does or does not work ,or is it ever likely to work ?

Please

• Ah man I wondered why eveytime this problem was brought up in other posts, the answer from the mods was "send a report ". Then the post just went dead

Marc can we having defining answer on this

we are working on it now and hopefully we will find the cause of the problem.

Can we use midi and usb at the same time for the arps?

no

Zitat

Can you please tell us if the sync with VC actually does or does not work ,or is it ever likely to work ?

i can, for instance, let the tutorial project loop for a couple of hours and the arp stays in time.
    cheers, marc