Hi there from the UK

• Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hi as I have just purchased a TI2 Polar "Dark Star" and although I have only had a brief play with it so far am very impressed.

I have been doing electronic music on and off for years and tried to get into it again last year so dragged all my gear out of storage after moving into my new place - but alas I just didn't have enough room which made the workflow of making music annoying (doing something on PC and then having to get up to go over to the synths). So I decided to downsize a bit and the Virus seemed a very good choice as I can use it as my main controller keyboard and main VA synth (my other synth being a Yamaga EX5R).

So I hope to get a lot out of the Virus and can get into the Virus Control VST way of thinking too (I've always done it the old fashioned way of sending MIDI from PC to synth and then recording the audio via a MOTU)

Oh and while I think of it - when I opened the box (which seemed to have been opened already although synth was still wrapped up) the Quick Start Guide was the only documentation I found - is it supposed to come with a printed reference guide (The one with the orange "flame" type cover)? I did find a little card which stated that a CD wasn't included but I would have thought a printed reference guide would have been included (especially at this price :huh:).

Thanks,

Chris

• Welcome, Chris.

The Quickstart was the only printed manual when I bought my Polar a couple of months ago. When you download the software, you will find that it includes several PDF manuals, including a later version of the Quickstart than the printed one (unless they've just done a reprint).

(What's the one withe the orange "flame" type cover?)

Simon

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional

• Hi there Simon,

Ahh thanks for confirming that. I think I was getting confused with the old TI user manual which had the orange cover - I have downloaded the TI2 version so might have a flick through that later.

Still trying to get my head around using the TI and Virus Control in Sonar HS - I have for the time being disabled the USB outputs for audio and am passing it through my MOTU as it's probably less likely to cause issues (including my brain from melting as I can just about grasp what's going on!!).

I love the ability to tweak patches in Virus Control and then it just saves everything along with the project - very neat!!

Thanks,

Chris