A Few issues with my new polar Ti2

• Hi all, this is my first hardware synth so a little confused at the moment. i have a couple of questions.

1. When i plug into my and load the total integration plug in on logic 9 + Macbook Pro (early 2011) i5 2.3 GHZ, 8GB, 500GB i get a warning about my usb port sharing the same hub as all my internal hardware, my network controller, IR Remote, etc. is there a way to stop this, i only have two usb ports and it does it on both? - also why no firewire?

2. I have now worked out how to get my 16 channels functioning in logic. using the multi tim option when selecting a new software instrument and then selecting 16 channels and each channel gets assigned. which is fine, but when i want to send one of those inserts to external/logic effects via a bus or send it sends every channel - has anyone got an idea why?

3. when leaving logic and virus running idle for example while i am writing this message, my virus seems to start playing itself lol, i have a feeling this may be related to the USB issue but any advise would be good :)

4. i also can't seem to find the logic and virus tutorial video :) any ideas?

thats all for now, i hope someone could help me with this as i really wanna start using it once i get these little niggles sorted.

Thank you in advance.

Ashley

• Hello Ashley,
    Please send me an email to support [at] access-music.de, so I can send you a set of screenshots which also shows you how to get the additional outputs from the TI Control plugin into Logic. Also the "warning" message about the TI sharing a USB bus with an internal device of your Mac is normal for all newer Mac models and you can ignore this if you're not running into any issues.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• 1. When i plug into my and load the total integration plug in on logic 9 + Macbook Pro (early 2011) i5 2.3 GHZ, 8GB, 500GB i get a warning about my usb port sharing the same hub as all my internal hardware, my network controller, IR Remote, etc. is there a way to stop this, i only have two usb ports and it does it on both? - also why no firewire?

there are no non-shared USB ports on newer mac books, but from our experience those work fine.

2. I have now worked out how to get my 16 channels functioning in logic. using the multi tim option when selecting a new software instrument and then selecting 16 channels and each channel gets assigned. which is fine, but when i want to send one of those inserts to external/logic effects via a bus or send it sends every channel - has anyone got an idea why?

instantiate the multi channel version of virus control and hit the "+" button of the mixer channel in question to create more aux channels which you can use to spill out individual signals. also click on the "?" symbol in virus control and search for the written logic tutorial. we've just updated it to reflect the latest changes in logic

3. when leaving logic and virus running idle for example while i am writing this message, my virus seems to start playing itself lol, i have a feeling this may be related to the USB issue but any advise would be good

does that happen frequently?

4. i also can't seem to find the logic and virus tutorial video any ideas?

see above

marc

• hi thanks for the replies. i aslo have another question.

i have decided to use my virus on my iMac instead of my macbook. (saves having to unplug it every time etc)

1. I am using my Virus as a Soundcard for my iMac and within logic, via usb and my monitors are connected to output1 (L + R). i also want to use the virus to sample straight to audio rather than midi and then bouncing to audio.

Is there a way i can enable output 2. and then loop that into the input on the virus and then use that input to sample the output of the virus :) via input 1-2 in logic? (might take a few reads) but hopefully you get what i mean. alternatively i will put it into my input on my apogee one, but i want to remove it from my set up.

Thanks Again

:)

• [quote='

does that happen frequently?

[/quote]

happens less on my iMac once today. but on macbook it was quiet often.

• I have made these little diagrams to help my cause this is my current kit.

The First image below explains what i WANT to do if posible as it would be ideal for me. (please click on image for enlarged view) if it is posible could someone advise how to enable output 1 and output 2 on my virus. so i can then put it into the input.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/a5hl3y2k8/DIAGRAM1.jpg]

The second explains what im sure would be fine, and is an alternative to using the virus as a sound card and using my apogee one (i prefer the virus to be honest as it sound better) but just to confirm would this be successful

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/a5hl3y2k8/DIAGRAM2.jpg]

The reason for all this is because i dont like the total intergration software i think its rubbish, and im used to software synths so maybe this is all to much for me. but i would prefer to sample from the virus directly to audio and not have to bounce from midi to audio in realtime etc.