Stereo positon/ pan of out going signal from atomiser mode

• Im having some trouble with the stereo position of the atomizer mode when i put beats through it to process them when viewing them through my motu phase analysis tool the top end seem to be spreading out to the right in a strange way making the sound bias in one channel see pic

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/jamie8286/Picture1.png]

I have tried this on all the outputs in stereo and it is always the same i did think this was because atomizer is mono but im not to sure about that now as i can see spreading of the signal although i may be wrong? I have tried to put my channel strip in logic to mono but this doesn't seem to work either. I have checked that both inputs to the virus are receiving a signal and they are I did notice that in edit/ surround/ panorama doesn't seem to do anything.

Iv also had a mess around with the settings in the motu's cuemix fx software but stil carnt get the stereo imaging right i can pull down the width knob but this seems to just pull the signal in more as if it was a mono sound not really what im after.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/jamie8286/Picture4.png]

any ideas/ help would be great is this normal?

• hi,

did you checked the panposition of your dry un-atomized signal?
    what other virus ti effects do you use within the atomizer?
    do you use the input L/R of the Virus TI or the sidechaining functionality of logic?

btw: the atomizer is indeed a stereo fx.

cheers, oliver

• Hi thanks for the reply i have checked the dry signal it is fine also i checked the signal on an empty setting but put the input thru on this gave the same odd panning signal as before. I did notice that when i had it on a normal synth preset and turned up the input thu. the synth sound was where it should be in the centre and the input through was still panning to the right. This also does it with all atomiser presets. I use the input L/R of the virus.

Can you use the side chaining as a atomiser?

thanks Jamie

• i've doublechecked the issue with my phase analizing tool. everything seems to be normal here.
    regarding sidechaining in logic: you can download the atomizer manual on our support site, which
    describes the side chaining feature.

cheers, oliver

• Ok could it be a problem with my virus then there is nothing else it could be is there anyway for me to calibrate it?

cheers Jamie

• Can anybody else post up a audio clip of an input thru/ or atomiser part from the virus so i can check it against mine i really need to get to the bottom of this, Oliver did you do this test on a TI1 keyboard?

• iv just checked an out going signal from the virus keyboard though output 1-2 straight into my audio interface this seems to be fine but as soon as i open virus control and the output switches to usb it gets the off center panning on the synth signal. When i go to output in VC and move surround balance over to the right to output 1-2 it straightens out again :cursing: is my virus broken

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jamie8286 ()

• Oliver iv just checked the atomiser demo on the access website and this also seems to have some of the same strange stereo panning i have been talking about could you please check this i havnt had any reply to my previous posts and am beginning to wonder if this is a general problem.

• hi,

sorry that i didn't response to that issue earlier.
    could you please open a support ticket and we can investigate that issue and check
    if we can reproduce it?
    that would be great.

cheers, oliver