Do I need an external MIDI and audio interface with a TI2, or does the Virus act as my interface for both?

• Do I need an external MIDI interface and external audio interface with a TI2, or does the Virus act as my interface for both? It would seem that I don't need either a MIDI interface OR an audio interface with my Virus TI2 keyboard, but I don't have a sequencer yet so I have no way to tell. Obviously, I'm a total newbie and I have a very hard time understanding documentation. It would seem, however that I can plug my computer directly into the Virus via USB and record both MIDI and audio via the USB port as long as I have the Virus software installed properly. Am I smoking crack? I'm definitely rather dense, obviously, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could set me straight in this matter. I've been planning on buying an audio interface (already have an ancient MOTU MIDI interface), but I'd certainly like to skip the extra $300 expenditure.

TIA,

Daniel

• That is so sweet! Man, I had no idea what I was getting into with this thing. I think I finally get what they mean by TI. I'm not terribly dumb (some would argue), but I am a bit slow, and as I was reading through the documentation and tutorials, I'm like, "Wait a minute...I don't need no stinking external interfaces." I have so much to learn about this thing and can't wait to be in a place where I can dive in. (Kinda homeless right now.) Greatest synth ever.

Thanks for your help!