TI Polar problems.........please help

• hello,

I have purchased a TI Polar recently.
    I noticed that one of the keys was not working so I took the synth to a pro to get it fixed.
    Probably I will end up paying for a 5 minutes job but opening up the synth would be a complete pain..........

I haven't had a virus before, so what concerns me the most is the following:
    Even with one key not working, i noticed some problems with a few patches (two out of 300 so far actually) that the synth somehow was crashing for a few seconds and there was no sound. I would hear something like an explosion/heavy distortion/ reverb/ delay (i really don't know how to describe it), as if you pull the cable from the guitar when playing on an amp with heavy reverb and delay effects, bang and then no sound. After a few seconds of pressing just the keys without hearing any sound or maybe a few crackles as if there was going to appear some sound but still nothing, the sound came back again. After a few seconds the same happened. Is that normal? On lets say a ratio of 1 patch out of 127 ?
    I need to know before the repair guy spots one of those patches and rips me off totally.
    He's gonna tear my @rse apart if he lists this as another problem.

Let me know please.
    Tio