Velocity Settings (in a multi)

• Velocity in relation to what?

Velocity can be assigned to many different things, so there's a couple of different places you need to check.

Look in the modulation matrix pages to see if there's any velocity assignments there, (I'm not sure what Virus you have, this following info might not apply to the snow) if you press the "Edit" button next to the "Config" button enough times it will take you to a "Velocity Map" set of pages.

Use the "parameters" buttons to flip through those pages once you have them.

• Velocity is just the speed that the key is pressed, by itself it does nothing it needs to be paired up with something to have any effect on a particular parameter.

When you say you are talking about normal key down velocity that doesn't really mean very much, what I assume you are probably talking about is velocity to volume but it could just as easily be one of the filter cutoffs or the amp envelope sustain or any of the other myriad options in the mod matrix, that's why I gave you 2 places to look in my original response to your question.

…there's a couple of different places you need to check.

Look in the modulation matrix pages to see if there's any velocity assignments there, (I'm not sure what Virus you have, this following info might not apply to the snow) if you press the "Edit" button next to the "Config" button enough times it will take you to a "Velocity Map" set of pages.

Use the "parameters" buttons to flip through those pages once you have them.

• Thanks

Appreciate your advice. Yes it is velocity to volume I'm lokking at.

I have one other query.

I've created all my multi's for my songs (I have a Roland Sonic Cell midi file player assigned to a multi for each song, with say four or five synth lines from the backing track).

So I have all the this working fine, but when I alter/increase the release on a bass patch in a multi and then save this by hitting the store button the three times to save and name the multi it appears to save the altered patch.

But when I move to another multi and then return to this onoe, the bass release has reverted to its original setting.

This is puzzling, as it should save the revised patch in the multi.

Any thoughts on that?

• keep in mind that only the first 16 multis embed the patches, for the rest you need to store not only the multi but the altered patch also.
    marc