Second hand Virus TI Desktop, registration problems :(, plz help!

• Hi all, i am writing from Pakistan.
    I made my friend in the US buy a Virus TI desktop for me one year ago. Due to expensive shipping charges, i waited for a friend to bring the Virus along with him. I finally got it today after a years wait.

Now, i cant register this unit as it is already registered by the previous owner. Access support has emailed me and asked me to get the original owner to email them and ask for the Serial Number to be released.

How can i find the original owner ? There is no guarantee that the ebay seller was the original owner. I am not even sure if my friend still has the ebay sellers contact or email from one year ago.

i completely understand that Access Support is being cautious and following procedure, however there should be some policy which makes it easier for someone like me. Ebay and Craigslist are full of electronic instruments. The most coveted instruments are bought and sold used.

Access should have the original owner's contact and can verify this.

I feel really helpless right now and do not know how to proceed, all i want to be able to do is set up the Virus with my DAW and start making music.

Please offer me some advice on how to proceed.

:(

Faisal