Virus Snow Crashing

• I recently bought a VIrus Snow and have been having issues with it crashing while playing a patch in TI mode. When I program a patch that uses 4-5 bars on the DSP meter it will play the sound one or two times and then suddenly only play a sustained single sawtooth sound which I can't stop unless I turn the unit off and reboot. Many times this causes the Virus not to respond to midi input from my DAW and I have to reboot my PC too.

Patch info: Usually only two complex grain oscillators, one filter, analog boost, hyper chorus, mono mode, one note being played. I've put some automation on the osc's WT index and osc1/osc2 mix level. That's it.

PC info: Windows 7 64-bit with 12 gigs of ram running Ableton Live 8.

I know that the Snow has less DSP than the rest of the TI2 line but it's a little hard to believe that the patches I'm making are crashing it so
    easily... are they?

• I'm using the virus in TI mode (Virus Control). I thought it could be USB load or driver issues but...

- I've made sure that the USB port I have the Virus plugged into isn't supporting any other USB devices.
    - I've tried this using the Virus as my main audio interface in addition to using my Saffire Pro 24 with the same result.

edit: I haven't tried playing the sounds in standalone mode. But it would be difficult to do that because I'm not sure if I can replicate automation I've assigned to the osc WT Index and osc crossfade parameters in my DAW.

• I was able to play the patches fine outside of Virus Control mode last night. After doing some more reading I think it was just a USB issue. I'm used to dropping in a lot of automation on my soft synths and previewing the sound very quickly. Could it be that I was sending too many note stop/start and automation signals to the Virus causing it to freak out and crash?

I'll contact Virus support tonight.