Program Change in Logic, Only Rom 5+6

• Sorry.... Only had it 2 days :] VC = Virus Control ? I thought this was just for sending patch banks...? And standalone? I didn't realise you could use it standalone outside of Logic?

I meant plugin mode within Logic

• Ok, when we talk about VC we mean the Virus Control plugin inside your DAW - the thing you update your hardware with is Virus Control Centre (a bit confusing but you'll get used to it)

You can use your Virus "standalone" as you would any other hardware synth, just plug in some MIDI & audio cables & you are ready to rock (I'm not sure if the Snow is the same) this would enable you to use your Virus inside your DAW without using the VC plugin, that's why I asked if you were using VC or standalone.

To send accurate program change messages you need to first list all your banks somewhere. Banks 0 - 3 are your RAM banks, banks 4 - 24 are ROM A thru U. Once you have your banks listed you will know which slot number to use to get to a specific patch, it doesn't change instantly so play around with the placing of your program change events until you get the hang of it.

As a quick example if you wanted to switch to ROM D39 FallAprtRD you would open Logics Event List & create a program change event to send num 7
    val 39 & if you wanted ROM N69 NasalBasSV send num 17 val 69

(Hang on, I've just thought if you are saying you are only getting ROM 5+6 maybe you are using a Snow - the advice I have given above relates to the full fat versions & might not be relevant to a Snow, try it out & let us know how you get on with it)