Can i have two stereo outs for Ableton Live?

• hello,

is there some setting or dirver which allows me to use two stereo audio outputs of the Virus TI2? I know that i can assign sounds to different outputs, but mean just more outputs for my DAW.

I need it for an external effect, it should be routed to a second audio out and then back to the audio input.

thanks!

• ok, that complicates things... have to use a separate soundcard, dammit. :(

when i use another soundcard in ableton, can i send the master out still to one of the virus outsputs by a USB input or so?
    my soundcard does not have a symmetrical output, but the virus has.

• It may be possible, although it seems very complicated, not beginner stuff at all. I have never done it myself, although it seems like all the building blocks are there. The idea is to use Ableton Live's options against it, and use it in a way it wasn't ment to. You want to use the soundcard as your main bus output, but instead of sending the final mix to it you will send it only the tracks you want to put through the effect. All the other tracks, including the one that receives from the effect should be under a group folder, to create a submix which is actually the final mix, but we don't tell Ableton that, instead we send it to the Virus input (only one input - hence your limitation). The Virus should be in 3 out / 1 in mode by the way. In the Virus you should also create a patch that uses the input, so you can direct that patch to whatever analog out you want.

As I said I never did such a thing, and I would probably waste a few hours before I got it right, if I were ever to do it.

• worked out quite good. sending the "master" group to the virus usb in and analog out. now latency is a topic, but so far i am ok...
    worked after about 30 minutes. so not that hard to achieve.