AUDIO CLOCK + CUBASE + FOCUSRITE

• Hi all,

I wonder could you give me some insight on how I should have the audio clock on Cubase?

My setup is as follows:

Focusrite Saffire pro 24 DSP
    (Audio Clock SPDIF)
    Virus TI
    (Audio Clock Auto)
    Cubase settings
    (Audio Clock SPDIF, Externally Clocked Ticked)

I have my Virus connected Via USB for MIDI and SPDIF for AUDIO. SPDIF connected to Focusrite.
    Virus Control Set to 3 INS , 0 OUTS / Output Via SPDIF

Are these audio clock settings correct or am I doing something wrong?
    Also, Am I better using 1.4" jacks for Audio or SPDIFs on my current configuration.

Any help or info much appreciated.

Chris :thumbup:

• If you use the audio outputs your signal will go through the Focusrite's AD converters which will degrade it slightly.

You're fine as is. You'll know if you have your clock source set wrong usually because it'll mess with the audio clock as it drifts out of sync between the two pieces.

• With the wide range of computer configurations out there ultimately you have to go with whatever works smoothly for you. If it works fine over usb I would recommend doing so and letting your Focusrite operate on its own internal clock. You bought a TI, enjoy the TI part!
    *If your computer plays nice with it of course :)

• lol Thats the thing.... The Virus doesnt seem to like certain iMac's or Mac book Pro's, because the USB shares the internal hub with other devices and you have to try and disable them. I also bought a high speed USB cable to help. no matter what I do, the Virus does not like running on a 48KHZ project.I have to run her on a 44.1khz project.
    Thats why I have been trying different methods of connection, to try and solve this mystery.
    I was told once that this problem has been confirmed and there will be a fix in OS5.

Lets hopev :thumbup: