Where is the filter link button on the Ti Snow interface?

• I've been looking for a way to de-select the filter link button with the Ti Snow. It shows how with the Edit/Filter1 button in one of the manuals, but I cannot for the life of me find the parameter in the Snow's interface. You can't exactly do this with the Snow button lay out and I would like to figure out the Sysex data or midi CC to do this. I have been mapping this thing out for the X-station for a while now and this seems to be one of the few things I can find out nothing on anywhere. Using Virus control you click most everything you get the information on the button, but there is nothing on the filter link button I mean nothing. It can't be that hidden or is this somehow a conditional switch?
    Thank you in advance this has been bugging me and further evidence it would be nice to have a new manual to go with this new OS.

• Snow has 2 interfaces: basic and advanced. If you happen to be using the basic, you won't be able to reach every single parameter, but you can make fast tweaks easily.

Press SHIFT button + the button for the Filter and you'll temporarily use the full interface.

If you don't want to keep using the basic interface, change this on the Configuration.

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• Nope it's not in there. I know about the interface you speak of there is EASY and EDIT, but no where on the TI snow is there a Filter Link there is the cutoff link, but no filter link. There is an absence of information in the manual about the filter link. This is what a search of just "link" in the TI manuals...
    Now I understand fully what it does and WHY I would choose to disable this feature most of the time in my patches. This only links Filter Env amounts for both filters, but sometimes I would like to have more say in the matter so to speak.

TI reference manual = 3 results all cutoff "link"

TI snow manual = 3 results all cutoff "link"

TI quickstart = 12 results all refer to cutoff "link" of course these are just different language references

TI manual = 22 references only two that refer to filter link... here is what the following reads about it...

" FILTER LINK button

This button links the Resonance, Env Amt and Keyfollow controls

for both filters, whereby adjusting one snaps the equivalent

parameter in the other filter to the same value. This is essentially

the same as pressing both Filt1 and Filt1 Select buttons on the

TI hardware. "

Now how am I supposed to push buttons on a TI snow that are not there? Come on Access you need a new manual you still have old pictures of access control in the guide and it's some 6 years old. That is as new as I have been able to find. It's not that the synthesizer techniques change, but the abilities of these TI units has changed enough that I think it should warrant a new manual even though this latest OS was just a slight over haul. If I didn't have a few years in synthesis this thing would have had me yanking my hair out. I still don't understand why you would link filters and cutoff's by default, and if so why would you make the one an easily tweak able perimeter and the other just doesn't seem to exist outside of the TI hardware or Access control. What if I'm sound designing without the precious Virus control?

Yes I know a new manual has been hinted at on here. I'm not new to this, but if I were this would really be confusing with this old manual and NEW software. Here is what is printed toward the end of the TI manual.

"Printed in Germany

VTIMEU 05/06 Revision B"

Come on guys this is ancient in technology terms.

• No Marc not the cutoff link I easily found that. I mean the filter link. In Virus control there is a cutoff link and a filter link under the filter common section. I can not seem to find a filter link in the TiSnow interface. I am assuming this functionality is like that of the Ti desktop and keyboard in that you edit filter select or something along those lines to take select and de-select filter link being this is the same OS and all.

I have a pretty comprehensive list of the Ti SysEx and cc codes though there are several new parameters for OS 5 (BTW thank you for the new envelopes :love: ) I'm not sure it has everything, and of course without a way to hit that button (aside from virtually) on the Ti Snow I can't see it in midiox or even midiquest to obtain a SysEx value.
    And for the record I see plenty hints on here for a new manual from users not from Access just to be clear.

• No Marc not the cutoff link I easily found that. I mean the filter link. In Virus control there is a cutoff link and a filter link under the filter common section. I can not seem to find a filter link in the TiSnow interface. I am assuming this functionality is like that of the Ti desktop and keyboard in that you edit filter select or something along those lines to take select and de-select filter link being this is the same OS and all.

you're right, i misread your initial mail. if you hit both filter buttons on the bigger brothers, you toggle filter link from on to off. since we don't have two filter buttons on the snow, this function is only available in virus control. and yes, it would be an option to have a menu parameter for that purpose.
    best, marc

• It's quite cool mate I really appreciate your help. I am wondering since the OS is the same I can only assume that if I had that SysEx value that it can still be changed via MIDI though the Snow does not share all the functionality of the Desktop/Keyboard. I've been mapping my Snow more to get away from using the virus control interface and it has really helped me utilize it's sound processing more. So is that possible or does the Virus Control Snow have that disabled.