Problems using more than three channels in Live

• Hi Guys,

Just a quick one - I'm having issues in using more than 3 of the Virus' channel outputs at once with Ableton Live! I'm using 3 of them simultaneously with no problems however the moment I try and introduce a fourth I can't seem to be able to figure out the best way to route it!

Can someone please give me some ideas and help regarding this! Look forward to your suggestions, ideas etc!!

Al

• USB only supports 3 out and 1 in so you cannot route more than 3 parts to separate outputs with USB alone. It is possible to use the USB outs and analogue outs at the same time although imo you will be better off recording the parts you are happy with to free up processing power on the virus and USB outs from the synth.

• Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response to the message! I thought that would be the case! I'll have to route my Virus via the Analogue outs (1+2) into my interface then!

Once again thanks for the response.

Best, Al

• Why don't you just bounce/render the Virus and mute the recorded parts? This will free up both a USB output from, and processing power on the synth. I don't know how routing works in Live but you should be able to change where the Virus outputs are routed pretty easily (if you have a processing chain attached) so it shouldn't be too much trouble going back to rendered parts and changing them.

Also If you are going use analogue you will be going through three (virus out->soundcard in->soundcard out) sets of converters so the sound will be coloured (thrice) and noise will be introduced - I find it's a lot nicer to process sounds without this noise.